Color can make a big difference in the impact an image can make. Those old black and white family photos can take on a new meaning when color is added. GIMP is the ideal tool for colorizing black and white images.
Pro Photo Colorizing With GIMP is the perfect companion book to Beginning Photo Retouching and Restoration Using GIMP. This book takes an in-depth look at adding color to black and white images. It also teaches how to add artistic flair, as well as achieving and old fashioned, hand-tinted look.
Pro Photo Colorizing With GIMP is the perfect guide; it provides step-by-step instructions to show you how.
Here's what you'll learn:
- Gain a basic overview of the GIMP workspace, tools, color palettes, layers, and layer masks
- Learn how to make proper tonal adjustments to black and white images before starting the colorizing process
- Complete simple colorizing exercises for beginners and progress to more advanced colorizing techniques
- Colorize skin, teeth, hair, and eyes
- Create a nostalgic hand-tinted look and selectively colorize (mix color with black and white) to create interesting images
- Use textures and patterns to create artistic colorized images
- Convert color images into black and white
- Colorize black and white portraits, and re-colorize old, faded color portraits